Last modified: November 1, 2021
Angel Protocol Foundation ("Company", "We" or “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to the website angelprotocol.io, as well as applications, products and services (collectively our "Site") on or in which it is posted, linked or referenced. This policy provides information about our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Sites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other Site operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and web beacons.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of correspondence between you and us (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Payment information and details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment and processing of your charitable contributions. This payment information may include but is not limited to cryptocurrency type, cryptocurrency amounts, billing address, and digital currency transaction identifiers.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process (including KYC and AML requirements), including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's Site.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the lawful bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described below. If you have questions about the legal bases under which we are processing your information, please contact us at email@example.com. The legal bases under which We may process your personal information include:
- To provide our services to you.
- To comply with applicable laws and legal obligations, including anti-money laundering laws (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) requirements.
- To improve our existing services and products and to develop new services and products.
- To optimize our platform.
- To notify you of new services, products and events that may be of interest.
- To protect the vital interests of the public.
- To personalize our services.
- For any other purpose with your explicit consent.
Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Under the GDPR you have certain rights regarding your personal information. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the following actions:
- To access personal data about you that we possess. This includes information on the ways in which we use your personal data, categories of personal data concerned, recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your personal data, and our use of automated decision-making in processing your data.
- To correct and update your personal data.
- To erase personal data, if that data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected or otherwise processed, if you object to the use of that data and a fundamental right is at stake, or if your personal data has been unlawfully processed. Where your data was made public, our responsibility to erase it is limited to deleting data in our possession, and taking reasonable steps to inform other data controllers of your request. In no event shall we have any obligation to erase your data where doing so would prevent exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, would interfere with a legal obligation, would interfere with the processing of health data, would interfere with legitimate archiving, or would impede the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- To restrict processing of your personal data, except for storage and other uses with your consent. We are not obligated to restrict processing of your personal data unless you contest the accuracy of that data for a period of time reasonably allowing us to verify accuracy, the processing is unlawful and you request that processing be restricted instead of erasing the data, your data is no longer necessary for processing but you require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim, or pending a determination after you object to data processing.
- To stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- To object to any given form of data processing.
We will notify you of any action taken regarding your request. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for failure to provide you with a response within a period of one month.
For requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs or refuse to respond. If we refuse to respond, you will be informed of the reason for refusal, and of available recourse.
Your Privacy Rights Under California Law
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by phone at946-445-1254 or 800-952-5210. This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us email@example.com.
We have implemented industry-standard security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.